Setting the Scene for Memorial Day
Posted on May 22 2018
Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States on which we remember the men and women who died while serving in the military. On this day, Americans decorate in shades of red, white, and blue to show their appreciation for these heroes. How will you set the scene to commemorate Memorial Day this Monday, May 28th? Here are some no-fuss decorating ideas.
- Cover your dining room table with a red and white or blue and white gingham tablecloth. This is a classic, casual look that will show your patriotism and put your guests at ease.
- Proudly display the American flag. Remember that, whether it’s hoisted horizontally or vertically, the blue star-filled area should be at the top and to the observer’s left.
- Place red and white flowers in blue vases, jars, and pitchers and set them on tabletops throughout your home, from accent tables to sideboards. You could also put them on your front porch. What a wonderful way to welcome your guests and to add extra cheer to your celebration!
- Create a fireworks effect by hanging strings of lighting over your entire gathering area, whether it is inside at the dining room or kitchen table or outside on the patio.
- Decorate with Memorial Day-themed food presentations. Try dishes with strawberries and blueberries or salsa and blue corn chips.
No matter how you set the scene for Memorial Day, we hope it’s spent with family and friends. Our celebratory gift to you is our annual Memorial Day Savings Event, where we offer 25% off rugs and pillows, plus up to 15% off your entire purchase. The more you spend, the more you save! So, come on into your local Stash Home store over the long weekend or shop online with these checkout codes—bit.ly/mdsavings2018.
Happy Memorial Day, everyone, from your friends at Stash!