Summer Decorating Ideas
Posted on June 08 2018
Summer is almost here! The first official day of summer is Thursday, June 21st. The start of this season gets us excited about so many things, from family vacation to pool parties to baseball games. Also at the top of our list of favorites is styling our home interior with summer-inspired décor. Here’s how you can freshen up your space with warm weather charm.
- Incorporate pops of color. You can easily do this by setting fresh flowers on your tabletops, hanging colorful pictures, or displaying a vibrant serving tray or dish.
- Lighten up. Give your home a glow by opening up your curtains to let natural light in. You’ll be amazed at how much this will lift your mood and enhance your appreciation for the beauty in your own backyard.
- Add greenery. You can have a bowl of greenery on a side table or coffee table for a color boost or a tree in the corner to add even more greenery to your room.
- Freshen up with new pillows. Nothing says summer like fun, brightly hued pillows. Instead of having just one pair of throw pillows, try two. Go bold by mixing and matching your accent pillows—neutrals with colorful pillows and patterns with solids. Pile on the pillows for a wow factor!
- Declutter. A tidy space is a happy space, so put away the clutter. Think of your home as a vacation getaway, somewhere you go to escape the piles of paperwork and bills. Once you put these items away in their proper places, perhaps in a desk drawer, you’ll be able to breathe easier and relax.