Thanksgiving Traditions to Start
Posted on November 13 2019
Thanksgiving Day is just around the corner! Make this day extra-special by starting one or more traditions to carry on throughout the years. Here are our top 5 Thanksgiving traditions that you can easily implement this year.
1. Have breakfast. Start a tradition to have breakfast on Thanksgiving morning, waking up together and simply enjoying each other’s company. No need to splurge (yet!); you can keep your breakfast light and still indulge later in the day.
2. Ask the kids to set the table. Your children, especially the young ones, are oh so happy to be involved in the celebration. Let them set the silverware, plates, and glasses on the table, and continue that tradition to allow the kids to feel like they’re a key component to your Thanksgiving get-together.
3. Make a signature dish. How special would it be to have one trademark dish that you serve every Thanksgiving? This could be a delicious turkey, your grandmother's green bean or sweet potato casserole, or even a scrumptious dessert. The possibilities are endless, and your family will look forward to this mainstay dish.
4. Toast to your blessings. Have a roundtable toast, during which you and each of your guests toast a glass to everything that you’re thankful for. The kids can join in the toast too, with cups filled with milk or juice, of course!
5. Get ready for Christmas. After you finish your Thanksgiving dinner, set up the Christmas tree and invite everyone to take part in hanging the ornaments. What a wonderful way to bond with your loved ones and to excite them about the holidays! To bring on even more Christmas spirit, come see us at your Stash Home the next morning, on Friday, November 29th, for our Black Friday Savings Event. We'll have mimosas, yummy breakfast treats, and AMAZING deals!
We hope that these ideas inspire you to start a Thanksgiving tradition, one that you can carry on for years to come. Happy holidays, everyone!