Tips and Tricks: Anything Can Be Art
Posted on June 19 2018
Do you have a passion or hobby, like biking, antiquing, collecting taxidermy or vintage photos? Well, here’s some exciting news for you—anything can be art! So, turn your favorite items into works of art and show them off for the world to see. These Tips and Tricks will give you some ideas on how to use what you love as art.
- If biking is your passion, go to an antique store or flea market and find a vintage bike to take apart. Frame it and display it in your office or den.
- Use antique picture frames as art themselves. This photo features weathered frames overlapping, an arrangement that makes a unique statement on its own.
- Are you fascinated with the old portraits that you see in antique stores or at estate sales? Maybe one reminds you of your great aunt Marilyn and another has a subject with deep eyes that stand out to you. Hang these portraits in your living room, perhaps over two sleek leather chairs, for a one-of-a-kind art display.
- Perhaps you are interested in paintings of animals or taxidermy. Don’t be afraid to hang these finds on your walls. These pieces make eye-catching focal points in any room.
- Put your own artwork on display for your guests to see, from pencil drawings to the water color painting you created while enjoying a glass of wine with your girlfriends. Just because you aren’t a famous artist (yet) doesn’t mean that it’s not art.
We hope that this week’s Tips and Tricks inspires you to turn anything that makes you smile, whether it’s a hobby or irreplaceable items that you find at an estate sale, into a work of art. After all, your style speaks for you as an individual, and we want it to be unique, just like you!