No matter the layout and size of your living room, you can arrange your furniture to make it work for your needs. Whether you have a small room or an open room with large windows, you have options, some of which you may not have considered. This week’s Tips and Tricks gives you some unique ideas for arranging your living room furniture to suit your space.
- If you have a small space and don’t have room for a sofa or a loveseat, try placing two accent chairs side by side. In the picture below, two luxurious black leather swivel chairs sit alongside a compact cocktail table that’s just large enough to hold a vase of flowers or a beverage.
- Gather around large, wall-size windows by positioning a sofa or sectional beneath them, and ensure that guests enjoy the view by facing extra seating towards them.
- Put furniture in a sunny corner. This will translate into a cozy, well-lit spot for your entertaining. Don’t be afraid to align your furniture at an angle, which offers a wider perception of the room.
- Group furniture with a rug. Use a rug to anchor your furniture and pull it together in a large room, especially in one that is open with high ceilings.
- Need a spot to refresh your makeup but don’t have the space in your bedroom? Try setting a small table and stools against an open living room wall and hanging a unique mirror overhead.
- Incorporate extra seating or a place to get away and read a book into your room by putting a bench against a bare wall. Don’t forget the comfy, decorative pillows!
Remember, whatever the size or configuration of your living room, you can make the most of your space so that it’s as functional and inviting as possible. We hope that this week’s Tips and Tricks gave you some easy-to-implement ideas.