Have you ever wondered how to keep your slipcovers clean? Maybe you want to spot clean to remove stains from spilled spaghetti sauce or ice cream? We’ve got you covered! This week’s Tips and Tricks offers best practices for cleaning your slipcovers.
- Combine one part water with one part Super Washing Soda.
- Let the paste sit for a bit until it thickens.
- Smooth the paste over the stain to completely cover it.
- Wait at least 10 minutes.
- Scrape the now hardened paste off.
- Scrub the spot clean with a microfiber rag.
- Take slipcovers off of the sofa.
- Make sure that they are zipped and right side out.
- For a full size sofa, wash slipcovers in two loads.
- Add your regular detergent plus 1/2 a cup of Super Washing Soda.
- Wash slipcovers in your normal wash cycle, preferably in warm water.
- Don't put slipcovers in the dryer.
- Put wet slipcovers back on your sofa.
- Use your hands to press the wrinkles out.
We hope that this week’s Tips and Tricks inspires you to clean your slipcovers regularly. You’ll be amazed at how refreshed your seating will feel and smell! After all, a clean home is a happy home, right?
Now that you know how to clean your slipcovers, you should check out Stash's gorgeous slipcover sofas. They're a portion of the price of similar pieces that are being offered by our competitors!