Have you ever wished that you could bring charming, always in fashion cottage style into your home? Follow these 5 Tips and Tricks, and you’ll be on your way to seamlessly adding cottage-style warmth and comfort.
1. Take it easy. If we had to choose one phrase to describe cottage-style decorating, this would be it. You should be greeted by a sense of simple serenity as soon as you walk into the room. A slipcover sofa radiates with soft, carefree whimsy, and so do lush throw pillows.
The Classic Linen Slipcover Sofa has removable slipcovers for easy cleaning, feather down wrapped cushions, no sag spring construction, and a sturdy hardwood frame.
2. Welcome white. What’s the ideal color palette for a cottage chic space? Start with white, then add beige and gray or light blue. These colors are clean and no-fuss, and they effortlessly refresh any room, from your living room to your bedroom.
This white x-back chair is an absolute match made in Heaven for a cottage-style dining room, kitchen, or living room. And, at just $99, it's over 40% off our competitor's price!
3. Incorporate character. Pieces that are made of repurposed materials, like reclaimed wood, are must-haves in a cottage-style home. These pieces not only provide weathered, antique-inspired style and charm, they transcend the separation between the indoors and nature.
Handcrafted from reclaimed wood and metal, this panel bed fits perfectly into your cottage-style bedroom.
4. Feature your favorites. With cottage style, almost anything goes, so don’t be afraid to decorate with your most prized collectibles and keepsakes. Hang nostalgic plates, artwork, and that frame from your grandmother’s kitchen. The more unique the accessories, the better.
5. Long live flowers. Fresh flowers just belong in a cottage-style home. Go ahead and place vases full of flowers, whether picked from your garden or purchased at the grocery store, throughout your home. These natural elements bring romance, beauty, and renewal whenever they go.
So, remember that a cottage-style home is one that seems to say to your guests as soon as they walk in the door, “Relax. You’re welcome here. Get comfortable and stay for a while.” This style is also your canvas to showcase natural elements, the reclaimed, and your own collections. Have fun refreshing your space with cottage chic décor; that’s what it’s all about.