Fall is just around the corner, with the first official day occurring on Saturday, September 22nd. The start of this season gets us excited, since we have so many amazing events and experiences to look forward to, from the changing leaves to football season to Halloween and Thanksgiving. Another tradition that we anticipate year after year is transitioning our home décor to incorporate the colors and mood of the season. This week’s Tips and Tricks focuses on just that—easy decorating ideas for fall. Let’s get started!
1. Add natural elements, like petrified woods, antlers, and pine cones to create a relaxing, woodsy feel that requires very little effort to implement.
2. Make it a family event by getting the kids involved! Team up to make fun paper decorations that you can drape across your fireplace mantle, on bookshelves, and atop your dining room table. Think cut outs of pumpkins, leaves, and ghosts for Halloween.
3. Change out your rug for one that has warm, rich fall colors, like the Ancient Treasures Rug (pictured below). This simple seasonal switch will define your entire room and anchor your furniture with a prominent, timeless touch.
4. Incorporate the 3 must-have fall colors—brown, gold, and green. Whether you go big and purchase a gorgeous, rich green velvet sofa or a luxurious brown leather sectional, or you go a bit smaller and add a gold pedestal table, your living room or den will emanate with fall flavor.
5. Keep your space cozy and warm with autumn colored pillows and throws. These accessories will bring you ultimate comfort as the weather cools off and you spend more time inside.
We know that fall may seem far off right now, since you’re trying to beat the heat outside, but it’s actually almost here. We hope that this week’s Tips and Tricks brightened your day and inspired you to bring the elements of fall indoors so that you can enjoy their comforts all season long.