Your bedroom should be a place where you can settle in after a long day, relax, and drift off into a deep sleep. However, this can be easier said than done, since we often bring distractions into our bedrooms that keep us from getting the rest that we need. This week’s Tips and Tricks covers how to create a dreamy bedroom retreat, from choosing the perfect décor to setting the scene for ultimate relaxation.
1. Unplug. Turn off the TV and silence your phone. Gazing into the screen, whether it’s the TV screen or your phone screen, actually keeps you awake longer and prevents you from truly unwinding.
2. Declutter. Keep your bedroom tidy by putting away clothes and getting rid of rarely used items. This will create a peaceful, simple environment that lends itself to relaxation.
3. Choose a high-quality bed and mattress. If you stop to think about it, your bed and your mattress are some of the most important pieces in your daily life. You want to select a solid, top-quality bed that will last and that will suite your unique style as well as a mattress that meets your support and comfort needs.
This deconstructed upholstered panel bed showcases a mix of rustic and feminine features, including a raised, curved cream colored headboard and nailhead trim on the headboard and footboard.
Consider a Tempur-Pedic mattress, which is made of material that responds to your temperature, weight, and shape, dramatically reducing motion transfer.
4. Add a rug. The right rug can serve two purposes in your bedroom oasis—a source of much-needed color and a warm barrier between your feet and the cold, hardwood floor.
Gold with a timeless Southwestern pattern, the Tangier rug is hand-knotted with the softest, highest quality wool and hemp available.
5. Bring on the pillows and blankets. You can’t have too many fun, decorative pillows or too many soft, cozy blankets. These items are key ingredients to incorporating extra color, pattern, and texture into your magazine-worthy bedroom.
You deserve to have a master bedroom that is a retreat, an oasis, where you can get away from the hustle and bustle of the outside world, unwind, and recharge. We hope that this week’s Tips and Tricks will help you transform your bedroom into such a place, one that you want to come home to. Sweet dreams!
Tell us about your dream bedroom in the comment section below!