Tips and Tricks: Keeping Your Rugs Clean
Posted on April 04 2018
Are you finding it difficult to keep your area rugs clean? It’s easier than you think. Just follow these simple steps.
- Vacuum area rugs regularly to remove dirt and to keep your home clean and allergy free. If a rug is reversible, vacuum both sides.
- Weigh your rugs down with books or bricks while you vacuum.
- Use a stiff brush to remove stubborn pet hairs, brushing in the same direction as the nap of the rug.
- Blot any spills with a 100% white cotton towel. Gently rub in straight lines, not in circles, which can cause damage.
- Turn your rugs over 2–3 times per year to evenly distribute foot traffic and fading from sun exposure.
- Protect oriental, hand-knotted, and handmade rugs, such as our Neela rug, by placing nylon mesh over them.
- Have area rugs deep cleaned once every 12-18 months.
And remember, area rugs not only tie your room together, they’re like artwork for your floor.
Stash has an array of rugs to choose from. Some are traditional, like the Ancient Treasures rug, while others are more modern, like the Kenya Multi rug. So, no matter your style, we have a rug for you! Shop our rugs now.
The Neela rug, shown in a beautiful shade of indigo, is hand-knotted by artisans in India. It’s a gorgeous backdrop for any room.
Handmade with care, the Ancient Treasures rug is classic, traditional style at its very best.
Hand-knotted with pure wool, the eco-friendly Kenya Multi rug is tribal meets modern chic.