Tips and Tricks: Kid-Friendly Living Room Ideas
Posted on May 01 2019
So, you want your living room to be stylish, but you also want it to be a space that you can, well, live in and spend quality time with your family. Here’s some good news—you can have both high fashion and function! This week’s Tips and Tricks covers easy ways to make your living room kid-friendly.
1. Incorporate storage. Consider adding furniture that is both attractive and functional, like the Pinebrook Coffee Table, which has tons of storage for crafts, toys, puzzles, games, and more.
The Harwood Bunching Table has 2 hidden storage drawers, and it's made of gorgeous reclaimed pine.
2. Stay away from white upholstery, which isn’t forgiving of spaghetti, marker, or dirt stains. Instead, go with neutral and darker shades of upholstery. That way, you won’t have to constantly worry about getting stains out, and you can decompress and let your kids unwind with their favorite activities.
You can’t get more chic than the light grey Tessa Sofa. It's also extremely resilient, with stain-resistant performance fabric, and 4 comfortable yet firm toss pillows.
3. Proudly display your children's artwork. What says I love you more than the picture that little Lilly drew of mommy and daddy and signed with a heart? Show her how proud you are of her by framing this drawing and hanging it on the wall or sitting it on an end table.
4. Bring in the ultimate ottoman. A soft, plush ottoman is the perfect piece to incorporate into your kid-friendly living room. It’s easy to move around the room, so you can place the ottoman in front of the TV, next to the coffee table while playing board games or coloring, or in front of the fireplace while (safely) roasting marshmallows. The options are endless.
The Classic Grey Ottoman is an excellent choice for your kid-friendly living room. Not only is it handsome, it's adaptable and has easy-to-clean slipcovers.
5. Keep it open. Don’t over-furnish. You want your children to have plenty of room to run around, and, after all, you don’t want a cluttered living room.
The Jacob Swivel Chair will fit into any kid-friendly living room space, since it's a stain-hiding sienna color, and little ones can spin and spin!
Your living room should be a favorite gathering place for you, your spouse, and your children, one where you create unforgettable memories together. Don’t be limited by your home décor, which can be both stylish and kid-friendly. Just keep these Tips and Tricks in mind, and you’ll be on the right track to finding a balance between fashion and function.