Tips and Tricks: Labor Day Party Ideas
Posted on August 21 2018
Labor Day, a federal holiday on which we celebrate the achievements of American workers, is just two weeks away. But you still have time to plan an A-list worthy Labor Day party. This week’s Tips and Tricks gives you some celebratory ideas that’ll wow your guests!
1. Consider having a unique theme. Stand out and excite your guests with a one-of-kind Labor Day party theme. Think brunch, complete with always divine Eggs Benedict and homemade mimosas, or a say goodbye to summer celebration that features fresh fruit and vegetables.
2. Do you prefer a traditional backyard barbecue? Then, keep it simple and grill hamburgers and hot dogs. Cooking them right to taste is all a matter of heat and timing, which starts by taking control of the grill. If you have a swimming pool, that’s even better; with fall just around the corner, this may be your last chance to enjoy it with family and friends.
3. Don’t be afraid to take the party indoors. If it’s heating up in your area, you can always have a relaxing indoor party with pillows, comfy blankets on the floor (atop a fashionable rug, of course!), and Labor Day themed movies.
4. Set the lighting. Your lighting sets the stage for your entire event, so make sure that it’s spot on. If your party is indoors, dim the lighting by using low-wattage bulbs, turning off bright overhead lighting, and using table lamps. For an outdoor party, string lights on your porch, in the trees, across a garden, or café-style above your patio.
These cool, rustic dining chairs will add farmhouse chicness to the table on Labor Day and throughout the year.
5. Incorporate the key colors. Red, white, and blue accessories and dining materials are must-haves at any Labor Day party, and they can be classy, not cheesy. Pair a red and white gingham tablecloth with blue serving plates, unravel a quilt and spread with red, white, and blue cups and serving dishes, or go nautical with red and white and/or blue and white striped pillows.
Whether you have a traditional outdoor cookout or a unique indoor brunch this Labor Day, we hope that you are able to spend much-needed quality time with family and friends. Hopefully, this Tips and Tricks will make the planning aspect of your event a little less overwhelming, and you can sit back and enjoy the fun!