Tips and Tricks: Making the Perfect Bed
Posted on October 16 2018
Your bedroom should be a retreat that you can retire to at the end of a long day. The look and feel of your bed is key to making this room the relaxing space that you want it to be. This week’s Tips and Tricks covers inspiring ways to make the perfect bed, one that’s comfortable and beautiful, bringing it from boring to lush and inviting.
1. Start with high quality sheets. Your sheets can make or break your in-bed resting experience. Go for 100% Egyptian or organic cotton sheets, which feel cool and only get softer over time. We love classic, crisp white sheets, but other colors and patterns certainly add interest and a fun touch. Consider monogrammed sheets for a personalized, one-of-a-kind appearance.
2. Don’t forget the bed skirt. It’s true that the bed skirt (also called a dust ruffle) is optional, but having one that fits your style produces a finished, tailored, designer look. Also, bed skirts keep dust bunnies from gathering under your bed.
3. Create layers. Not only does layering blankets, comforters, and duvets add lavish style to your bed, it also brings comfort year round. If you’re cold during the winter, you have an extra blanket right there to cover with, and if you’re hot during the summer, you can take covers off.
4. Be bold. Don’t be afraid to mix up textures and patterns; this brings a sense of warmth to your bedroom. Just make sure to stick to one color palette to maintain a unified look.
5. Plush it up. Your pillows are a key ingredient to sweet dreams and restful sleep, so make sure to choose the right pillows for your needs and the way you sleep. Arrange them as follows, starting from the back, for an elegant display—a long rectangular pillow, euro shams, front-facing pillows, then an accent pillow.
We hope that these Tips and Tricks help you make your bed both cozy and gorgeous, so much so that you daydream about getting home to it and lounging in soft luxury! As always, happy decorating, everyone.
Do you have unique ideas for making the perfect bed? Share them in the comments section below!