Tips and Tricks: Minimalist Coffee Table Decorating
Posted on May 15 2018
It’s tempting to let all of your go-to items, like the remote control, drink coasters, and day planner, accumulate on the coffee table. You might even want to use this space to showcase many of your collectibles, but remember that minimalizing how you decorate your coffee table can go a long way, especially if you have heavy furniture. Here’s how to create a refreshing minimalist coffee table look.
- Cut out the clutter: Don’t use your coffee table as a store-all for your belongings. Put remote controls away in an end table drawer or a media cabinet. Not only will you have more space on your table, you’ll be able to find these items when you need them.
- The power of 3: Placing objects in groups of odd numbers looks more balanced than decorating in pairs. For example, this coffee table is topped off with 3 elements that vary in height and theme but come together to create an interesting display that’s not overly staged.
- Add a plant or flower: This will bring natural hues and texture into your living room, and it will clean the air in your home. Don’t be afraid to place plants in a unique vase or pot.
- Color: Having just one colorful piece on your coffee table will really make it pop! Try a brightly colored dish or books with vibrantly colored bindings or pages.
- Gather together: Set multiple items in one attractive tray, bowl, or other dish. This is the perfect way to display your treasures in a neat, organized manner, without making your coffee table appear cluttered.
And, remember, as Coco Chanel once said, “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” We think Coco would appreciate these Tips and Tricks, and we hope they inspire you to minimalize the way you adorn your coffee table so that your classy, fabulous style shines through. Happy decorating!